Meat balls, made in from scratch, with some love and organic meat, that’s hard to beat. In this recipe I have ditched the pasta for some fresh zucchini instead, as I wanted to avoid that heavy feeling after a meal with pasta. Although this Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Tagliatelle & Tomatoes, doesn’t contain pasta, I can promise you that it’s really is worth trying.
Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Tagliatelle & Tomatoes (4 servings)
400 gram ground beef (organic)
3 tbs milk
2 tbs oat flour
salt & pepper
Ingredients tomato sauce:
1 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves
100 gram cherry tomatoes
1 celery stalk
2/3 cup diced tomatoes
2 tbsp red wine vineager
basil, chili, salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients Zucchini Tagliatelle:
1. In a small bowl combine milk and oat flour, let sit for 5 minutes
2. Prepare the meat balls, by starting to chop onion finely.
3. In a bigger bowl, combine meat, onions, egg, salt and pepper.
4. The oat and milk mixture.
5. Form meatballs.
6. Saute your meatballs in a pan on medium to high heat, until they are ready.
7. Meanwhile, prepare your tomato sauce, by chopping garlc, celery and cherry tomatoes.
8. Place a pot on your stove with some olive oil and add in garlic, celery and tomatoes (on low heat).
8. When your meatballs are ready, set aside.
9. While preparing your tomato sauce boil some water for your zucchini tagliatelle.
10. When garlic, tomatoes andd celeries have been sauted for five minutes, add in diced tomatoes, stir, lower the heat and add in vineager and spices. Let boil for five more minutes on low heat. Taste and regulate the seasoning, due to your taste.
11. Add your meatballs into your tomato sauce.
11. Boil zucchini n the preapared water, for about three minutes. Set aside.
Your meal is ready, enjoy!